Seeking help to update OpenSSH configuration editor (Config::Model)
OpenSsh 6.0 has been out for more than a year and the OpenSSH configuration editor still lacks the new parameters introduced by this release (like AllowAgentForwarding).
Technically, the task is not difficult, but I lack time to address it: I’m swamped by real life job, maintenance of Config::Model, Debian packaging activities…
So I’m looking for volunteer(s) to help me on Config::Model. Updating OpenSSH model is a great way to start !
If you want to help, please:
- say so in a comment of this post or on config-model-users at lists.sourceforge.net (to synchronize efforts)
- Fork Config::Model::OpenSsh repository
- Follow instructions in the README file to install dependencies
- Read this wiki page that details how to upgrade OpenSSH model.
- Update and test the model
- Send a pull request (Note that I’ll also accept patches sent by mail)
Be sure that you won’t be forgotten in the change log
Feel free to contact config-model-users at lists.sourceforge.net to get help, exchange ideas, or to discuss how to handle deprecation or upgrade of OpenSSH parameters…
All the best
update: OpenSSH project name was corrected after Rafal’s comment.