Looking for help to package Perl6, moar and others for Debian
Let’s face reality: I cannot find the time to properly maintain Perl6 related packages for Debian. Given the recent surge of popularity of rakudo, it would be a shame to let these packages rot.
Instead of throwing the towel, I’d rather call for help to maintain these packages. You don’t need to be a Debian Developer or Maintainer: I will gladly review and upload packages.
The following packages are looking for maintainer:
- rakudo (currently RC buggy)
- moar (needs to be packaged, some work has been done by Daniel Dehennin)
- parrot (up to date)
- nqp (need to be updated. current version no longer compiles on all arch)
Next step to help Perl6 on Debian is to join:
- pkg-rakudo team to maintain moar, nqp and rakudo packages (mailing list)
- pkg-parrot team to maintain parrot package (mailing list)
All the best